Learn how to access and control the sample dashboard
The Sample Dashboard is a screen within the Remote Sampler desktop client that shows an overview of all work in various states of completion across the whole Remote Sampler system for a given date range. It is very useful for providing up to date information on the outstanding and completed samples for a given day and monitoring the progress a sampling team are making with the workload for a day. It is the central screen for managing any completed samples that have been returned throughout the day.
The sample dashboard can be accessed in one of two different ways. Firstly, by double-clicking on the traffic light indicators at the bottom right of the screen.
Secondly, the dashboard can be opened by clicking on Manage Collection Runs on the menu bar and then clicking on Sample Dashboard.
The image below shows a breakdown of the sample dashboard with the different features highlighted.
- Two tabs that determine the type of samples that will be displayed on the screen.
- A list of all completed/incomplete samples that are in the system for the given date range defined in 4.
- A button that expands or contracts all the items in the list in the main display panel.
- Date range controls - Filters the samples shown on the dashboard by a particular date range. For example, it can be used to show only the samples for the current day.
- Summary Panel - Displays information on the latest sample received and the total number of samples that have been received in the given date range.
- Manage Exceptions - When samples have been received that require manual approval, this button will become active.
- Ad Hoc Label Matching - When ad hoc samples have been received and sent to LIMS, this button will become active.
- Courier Label Matching - When courier pickups have been returned, this button will become active.
- Sample Key - This explains the meaning of each of the icons shown by each sample in the list.
This screen is not live-updating and needs to refreshed periodically by clicking the Refresh button.